[WSBAPT] adding spouse to deed (King County)

Pearce Law PLLC heather at pearcelawservices.com
Tue Feb 22 22:43:41 PST 2022

Dear Listmates,
I have a client that I helped with a real estate matter years ago. He'd now
like to add his (new) wife's name to the deed. I do not believe the
property is financed, although I am double checking. But adding a spouse
doesn't violate due on sale provisions, correct? I believe it's one of the
exceptions.

And is a quitclaim the best mechanism for adding his spouse to the deed?

Do you have a form or language that you are willing to share with me
specific to adding a spouse? (versus transferring outright).

Thank you so much,
Heather

*Heather Pearce Campbell*
*Pearce Law, PLLC *| c: 206.395.5878
Web: http://www.pearcelawservices.com

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and may
be protected by attorney/client privilege, work product doctrine, or other
nondisclosure protection. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail from
your computer; you may not read, disclose, print, copy, store or
disseminate the e-mail or any attachments or information contained therein.