[WSBAPT] Illinois counsel

Kate Szurek kate at skagitlaw.com
Fri Feb 11 17:21:05 PST 2022

My client and her adult children, as well as the corporate trustee, are negotiating a nonjudicial settlement agreement (clarifying trust provisions) for a GST trust which was created in Illinois by the children's grandfather in 1992 (appears to have been drafted by very reputable counsel).  Client and her children are the current income beneficiaries of the trust.

I would like to have the draft NJSA reviewed by Illinois counsel on behalf of my client, especially as there are numerous references to Illinois law in the document, which was drafted by the corporate trustee's attorneys.

Suggestions?

Thanks, as always.

Kate

Kate Szurek, J.D., LL.M. (in Taxation)
kate at skagitlaw.com<mailto:kate at skagitlaw.com>

[SkagitLaw_Signature (2)]
Skagit Law Group, PLLC
P.O. Box 336 / 227 Freeway Drive, Suite B
Mount Vernon, WA  98273
360.336.1000
360.336.6690 (fax)
http://www.skagitlaw.com<http://www.skagitlaw.com/>