[WSBAPT] Reasonableness of fees and expenses of nonintervention PR

Brian Andrews brian at hawklaw.biz
Fri Feb 11 12:45:46 PST 2022

Good afternoon, listmates:

Nonintervention PR lives out of state, as does adult daughter. PR travelled one or two times to WA on estate business. He also delegated many administrative tasks to adult daughter. Adult daughter and her husband charged over $12k in expenses to estate, including about $4,000 only for travel. PR also charged his own fee to the estate, and his own expenses. Total gross value of estate was under $300k.

Even granting the broad discretion afforded to nonintervention PRs, am I alone in thinking those expenses are excessive? I would welcome insight and authority supporting same, if possible.

Thanks,

Brian H. Andrews, Attorney at Law
brian at hawklaw.biz<mailto:brian at hawklaw.biz>
Hawkins Law, PLLC
Phone 509-529-5175 / Fax 509-529-2564
2225 Isaacs, Suite A/ Walla Walla, WA 99362

Visit our website at hawklaw.biz<http://www.hawklaw.biz/>.

This email is intended only for the named recipient(s) or their designees, and may contain legally privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this email in error, please delete it entirely from your computer and notify the sender.  Thank you.