[WSBAPT] Out of country personal property

Sara Longley sara at ivylawgroup.com
Mon Feb 7 12:19:25 PST 2022

I think a relevant question to ask is who died first, Decedent or Decedent's former husband?  If Decedent died first and the former husband's will directed alternate distribution to D's estate heirs (or D's descendants if they are the same as D's estate beneficiaries), this makes sense.

If the former husband predeceased your Decedent then I don't think this is quite right.

Best,
Sara

Sara D. Longley
Senior Attorney