[WSBAPT] Lost Will

Tom Westbrook tjw at w3net.net
Tue Feb 1 12:34:07 PST 2022

Eric, Sarah and Kerry,

Thanks so much for your clear guidance. I was pretty certain that would be
the answer, but held out hope my reading of the statute, the WSBA Probate
desk book and general instincts were not as I feared.

I am certain this will be litigious just because there is a sizeable estate
involved. So, might as well bring it on early. We suspect but cannot prove
yet that the SS took the Will out of the now empty Will envelope from the
safe before the restraining order was in place.

Eric, I have successfully litigated the abuse of elder statute in the past,
and appreciate your thoughtfulness of bringing that up. May be doing that
again.

Best Regards,

Tom

Thomas J. Westbrook

Attorney at Law

324 West Bay Drive NW, Suite 201

Olympia, WA 98502

(360) 866-4000 phone

(360) 866--3832 fax

www.buddbaylaw.com

COVID POLICY:

*Our firm continues to follow guidance from the CDC and Governor Inslee’s
office regarding social distancing and the wearing of face coverings, and
we encourage the public and our clients to do the same.  Our staff is still
working remotely much of the time so electronic communication by phone and
email continues to be encouraged.  We appreciate your patience and
understanding.*