[WSBAPT] Lost Will

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Tue Feb 1 11:09:27 PST 2022

That is a terrible circumstance but I don't think it changes the situation. The VAPO doesn't prohibit the protected party from contacting the restrained party. And I believe that communications of legal notices by lawyers representing the individuals are automatically exempt?

Unless the prenup has a clause that expressly waives notice of probate proceedings, and/or waives all statutory rights of a surviving spouse, in the event a spouse dies?

I don't know the circumstances of the VAPO, but if there is a possibility of the surviving spouse inheriting something, consider whether the slayer and financial abuser statutes might diminish the spouse's share. Ch. 11.84 RCW.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.