[WSBAPT] Looking for Tax Referrals

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Fri Aug 26 11:31:06 PDT 2022

I am not as familiar with Washington as I am with Oregon, but it appears that your choices are:

  1.  CPAs
  2.  Attorneys
  3.  Public Accountants (not many of these exist)
  4.  Enrolled Agents (licensed by the IRS)
  5.  Licensed Tax Preparers (licensed by the state of WA)
I have listed them in approximate order of quality/expertise, although CPAs and Attorneys are often on a par for tax advice, although not for tax return preparation.
I could be a bit off in my descriptions, but I think I am pretty close.
The conventional wisdom is to get returns filed ASAP, to pay interest at the same time, but probably not offer to pay penalties.  But every case is different.
Phil Jones
Portland, OR

Philip N. Jones
Duffy Kekel LLP