[WSBAPT] Change of Trust Situs

Tom Westbrook tjw at w3net.net
Thu Aug 18 15:38:13 PDT 2022

Hey Jacob,

Why would Florida even care? It’s not like any governmental agency should
care. I don’t think there is any grayness in WA if the Trust allows the
situs to be changed. If the Trust does not allow the situs to be changed
then I don’t think it can be changed. If there is no express language about
change of situs, then my research a couple of years ago led me to
understand it can be changed by the Trustee and Beneficiary. At least I was
confident enough to make the change of situs and so far there has been no
problem for the Trustee with any institutions or others. Not sure you can
take that to the bank, but not sure you even want to deal with a bank any
longer from all the horror stories ☹

Sincerely,

Tom

Thomas J. Westbrook

Attorney at Law

324 West Bay Drive NW, Suite 201

Olympia, WA 98502

(360) 866-4000 phone

(360) 866--3832 fax

www.buddbaylaw.com

COVID POLICY:

*Our firm continues to follow guidance from the CDC and Governor Inslee’s
office regarding social distancing and the wearing of face coverings, and
we encourage the public and our clients to do the same.  Our staff is still
working remotely much of the time so electronic communication by phone and
email continues to be encouraged.  We appreciate your patience and
understanding.*