[WSBAPT] Motion for order to give personal property to PR with a deadline

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Fri Aug 5 16:29:25 PDT 2022

  Law Office of
F.ANDREKITA SILVA

August 5, 2022

Dalynne,

I'd be interested in responses to this.

i've had situations where someone refuses to give up property (a
family member)  and in the end, client decides it is not worth the
hassle.

However, I've always assumed that replevin is the only way to get
personal property turned over to its rightful owner.

So, I'd love to see any responses on how to do this.

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2000
Seattle, Washington 98101
206-224-8288
www.seattle-silvalaw.com

Quoting Eric Nelsen <eric at sayrelawoffices.com>:

> [...]
> to the decedent, and is refusing to turn it over to the PR? Only
> maybe you’re cutting out the middleman and asking the person to
> deliver the property directly to heirs instead of the PR?
>

>     Sincerely,
>

>     Eric
>

>     Eric C. Nelsen
>

>     Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
>

>     1417 31st Ave South
>

>     Seattle WA 98144-3909
>

>     206-625-0092
>

>     eric at sayrelawoffices.com
>

>     COVID-19 UPDATE - All attorneys are working remotely during
> regular business hours and are available via email and by phone.
> Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning
> documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case
> basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.
>

>      FROM: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com
> <wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> ON BEHALF OF Dalynne Singleton
> SENT: Friday, August 5, 2022 8:56 AM
> TO: 'WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv' <wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com>
> SUBJECT: [WSBAPT] Motion for order to give personal property to PR
> with a deadline
>

>    Does anyone have a sample motion for order to get personal
> property of decedent to proper heirs?
>

>    I have a client PR of Estate who has been unable to get a person,
> not an heir to the personal property to give it to the property heirs.
>

>    If so, please share.
>

>    /DALYNNE SINGLETON/
>

>    GOURLEY LAW GROUP
>

>    SNOHOMISH ESCROW
>

>    THE EXCHANGE CONNECTION
>

>    1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091
>

>    Snohomish, WA 98291
>

>    360.568.5065
>

>    360.568.1717  fax
>

>    _dalynne at glgmail.com_
>

>    _Website:  www.glglawgroup.com[2]_
>

>    As we face the challenges presented by COVID-19, Attorney/client
> meetings will be handled by teleconference or virtually whenever
> possible.  I am working remotely and available by email, telephone,
> in-person or zoom.  If you would like to set a conference with me,
> please call or email my paralegal theresa at glgmail.com,
> angelina at glgmail.com or cameron at glgmail.com.
>

>    /LICENSED/ /IN WASHINGTON AND OREGON/
>

>    IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail message (and any attachments
> accompanying it) may contain confidential information, including
> information protected by attorney-client privilege. The information
> is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  Delivery
> of this message to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is
> not intended to waive any privilege or otherwise detract from the
> confidentiality of the message.  If you are not the intended
> recipient, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, do
> not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise
> use this transmission, rather, please promptly notify the sender by
> reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and its

Links:
------
[1] https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.48.020
[2] http://www.glglawgroup.com/
[3]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.superlawyers.com_redir-3Fr-3Dhttp-3A__www.superlawyers.com_washington_lawyer_Gary-2DManca_ca059d21-2D1b6e-2D4fca-2Db396-2D80c253f82402.html-26c-3Demail-5FSmall-5Fbadge-26i-3Dca059d21-2D1b6e-2D4fca-2Db396-2D80c253f82402&d=DwMGaQ&c=4VfW4Y7UDKzr0jHM1Tk29w&r=wJy-5dBh2e8cdp8KTDyWsjq7WPfG_HRNpImWO5yfs2A&m=FCmO2jSMMhwxfYb-8WN5A3L-M6GKeJ_8gc6cS3vECHM&s=z2j9M4GPJAL7pempIOe0TGAPkMWrzXJSlY1lyMRDlRg&e=
  andrekita