[WSBAPT] Ballot sent to decedent

Sara Longley sara at ivylawgroup.com
Thu Aug 4 10:22:39 PDT 2022

Hi listmates,

This is not the most critical question but I just received a stack of mail addressed to the decedent in one of my probate matters.  In with the bills my PR enclosed decedent's primary election ballot.

Do you generally tell PRs to notify the county elections department?  Doesn't the death certificate issued by the DOH trigger other state departments to update their records?

As I said, it's not an emergency; I am just curious to know your standard practice.

Best,
Sara Longley

Sara D. Longley
Senior Attorney
Ivy Law Group, PLLC
1734 NW Market Street
Seattle, WA 98107
Phone: (206) 706-2909
sara at ivylawgroup.com<mailto:sara at ivylawgroup.com>
Pronouns: she, her, hers

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF48D6.0249B5A0]

NOTE: Ivy offices will be closed August 12 and September 2, 2022.