[WSBAPT] dealing with IRS

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Wed Aug 3 16:14:55 PDT 2022

Colleagues, is anybody having any success in getting responses from the IRS on tax records for their probates? I have a couple estates that have been hung up now for 6+ months because I can't close until the PR can confirm that decedent's past tax returns for recent years were properly filed. My accountant(s) have been unable to get the IRS to respond to requests for transcripts or for copies of returns.

Does anyone have suggestions, or any way to get the IRS to respond that has worked in the last year?

Many thanks,

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.