[WSBAPT] Gut check - capacity test?

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Fri Apr 29 08:53:35 PDT 2022

Greetings and Happy Month End (to all invoice billers!) -

Got a call yesterday that scheduled a consultation for next week. What my
assistant received is that it is a H&W team, but the H has limited language
ability AND is some stage (not disclosed how advanced) of
Dementia/Alzheimers.

Without knowing more - just in the basic issue spotting - can someone have
testamentary capacity if they can only answer yes or no questions.

My concern specifically relates to the fact that they would not be able to
say things like - everything goes to my spouse or to my kids.

Meeting is slated for next week and want to help if I can - but worried
that this person is too far gone if they are truly limited in speech to yes
or no.

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /