[WSBAPT] Probate real property transfer

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Wed Apr 27 16:34:22 PDT 2022

It is entirely possible that no "transfer" was necessary.  If there was a will and wife was the beneficiary, or if there was no will and the property was community property, then it is possible that title will be deemed held by the wife alone at the time of her death.
A review of the husband's probate file may resolve all.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West
University Place WA 98467
253-476-5721
j.mccrady at pstitle.com<mailto:j.mccrady at pstitle.com>

Beginning July 26, 2021, recording fees for most documents recorded in Washington will increase by $100<https://www.piercecountywa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/105275/Recording-Fee-Schedule-Effective-Jul-25-2021->. Please be sure to collect recording fees accordingly. Due to the above increase, our Reconveyance fees will also be increased by $100.00

WARNING-FRAUDULENT FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS
Email hacking and fraud are on the rise to fraudulently misdirect funds.  Please call your escrow officer immediately using contact information found from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify any funding instructions received.  We are not responsible for any wire sent by you to an incorrect bank account.