[WSBAPT] Unneeded Credit Shelter

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Tue Apr 19 08:49:21 PDT 2022

Anytime I vary from the directions of the Will, I TEDRA.  In this case, you indicated all beneficiaries are the same (common) but I still would memorialize it in a TEDRA.  I would also suggest, the assets that would have funded the credit shelter trust have one basis and the assets of the surviving spouse may very well have a different basis due to the lapse of months (particularly with real estate and investment accounts in this day and age) and I would want my clients to understand why - adding this to my TEDRA.

Best of luck.

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden