[WSBAPT] Opening a Probate where there may be a committed intimate relationship and community property claims

Jayne Gilbert jgilbertatty at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:33:13 PDT 2022

I think it should be noted that the "Ex" has 3 years to make the
claim from the date of the decedent's death, leaving the probate
estate vulnerable to that claim.

I agree that the potential CIR partner has no rights under the
probate case, but I think the partner has standing to request
special notice since the partner is directly affected (monetarily)
by the Probate administration and future distributions.

I have not seen any cases addressing whether the CIR claimant
has a right to special notice, but it kind of makes sense to me.

My 2 cents