[WSBAPT] recording of Letters

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Thu Apr 14 14:30:49 PDT 2022

Yes, it is in WAC 458-61A-202:

(6) Exemptions and required documentation. A transfer of real property through a devise by will or inheritance is exempt from the real estate excise tax for the following types of transfers. Refer to WAC 458-61A-303<http://app.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default.aspx?cite=458-61A-303> (Affidavit) to determine if a real estate excise tax affidavit is required to document the exempt transfers. Additional documentation may be required to substantiate each exemption, and must be provided to the county treasurer of the county in which the real property is located and recorded with the county auditor:

(f) Probate. For real property transferred under a probated will, a certified copy of the letters testamentary, or in the case of intestate administration, a certified copy of the letters of administration, showing that the grantor is the court appointed executor/executrix or administrator is required.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West
University Place WA 98467
253-476-5721
j.mccrady at pstitle.com<mailto:j.mccrady at pstitle.com>

Beginning July 26, 2021, recording fees for most documents recorded in Washington will increase by $100<https://www.piercecountywa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/105275/Recording-Fee-Schedule-Effective-Jul-25-2021->. Please be sure to collect recording fees accordingly. Due to the above increase, our Reconveyance fees will also be increased by $100.00

WARNING-FRAUDULENT FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS
Email hacking and fraud are on the rise to fraudulently misdirect funds.  Please call your escrow officer immediately using contact information found from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify any funding instructions received.  We are not responsible for any wire sent by you to an incorrect bank account.