[WSBAPT] Sound Bank Rejects "Outside" Durable Powers of Attorney

Nicholas Pleasants nick at pleasantslaw.com
Fri Sep 24 11:12:21 PDT 2021

I agree with Roger that this is pretty common. My approach is to prepare the Agent’s Certification of Authority under RCW 11.125.190(5) and have that notarized. Then I send the notarized statement along with a letter citing RCW 11.125.200. I remind the bank that if they don’t grant access to the agent within 5 days they are in violation of RCW 11.125.200(1)(b). And also remind the bank if they insist on a court order of validity, they are liable for the fees under RCW 11.125.200(3)(b). That usually gets the bank to accept it, but there are a few stubborn banks, so sometimes you have to file a TEDRA Petition…
Best,
Nick

Nicholas Pleasants
Owner

[(Logo) Pleasants Law Firm]<http://www.pleasantslaw.com/>

Pleasants Law Firm, P.S.
2300 130th Ave NE, Suite A-101
Bellevue, WA 98005-1755
(425) 615-7070 tel/fax
nick at pleasantslaw.com<mailto:nick at pleasantslaw.com>
www.pleasantslaw.com<http://www.pleasantslaw.com>
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and is confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your electronic files.