[WSBAPT] when you don't get paid

Sarah McCarthy sarah at kawlawyers.com
Tue Sep 21 19:38:04 PDT 2021

One of my partners, who deals with the malpractice insurance carrier, has told me that our malpractice premiums will go up significantly if we ever sue a client for unpaid fees.

As a result, suing for fees has never appeared to be an option at my office. It has seemed like throwing good money/time after bad, and then also paying for it for years to come by higher premiums.

But it sounds like some of you have sued clients for unpaid fees- did this carry no impact to your malpractice premiums?

Sarah

Sent by dictation from my iPhone. Please excuse typos and missing punctuation!