[WSBAPT] King County Lack of Probate Affidavit?

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Fri Sep 17 09:59:04 PDT 2021

I tried to file a Lack of Probate Affidavit in King County on a deceased
spouse, removing them from the community property. It just bounced back
with a statement from the County that they will not accept Lack of Probate
Affidavits for transfers of property, and instead that they accept them for
recording as documentation when recording a deed pursuant to an
inheritance. Am I correct in presuming that they are stating the surviving
spouse needs to also sign a Quitclaim Deed to themselves and use the Lack
of Probate Affidavit and death certificate as a supporting document in lieu
of *Letters*? If so, would someone  please either confirm or refute that
King County processes the LOPA+Death Certificate as an attachment or if I
have to process those in some other way?

Thank you!

David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
800 Polk Street, Suite B
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that
you have received this communication in error, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,
please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in
error, and destroy the copy you received.***