[WSBAPT] Multiple Probates for Same Decedent in Washington

Thomas Hackett thomas at nwlegacylaw.com
Thu Sep 9 15:48:07 PDT 2021

Colleagues-

Interested to know how others have handled having a 2nd probate opened in the state of Washington for the same decedent. 2nd probate is in a different county. I’ve searched prior listserv discussions and haven’t seen this come up before. I believe the 1st probate filed is the proper case for any objections to be filed into and the 2nd probate should be dismissed. What have others done in a situation like this?

[uc%3fexport=download&id=1yZcGlfhsBgENylLMu3egnITqpL_Rjqw3&revid=0B7QFhV8A7-WsWG41Rm5VbnB0SVFjbXp2NUZPaCtDOUhaZFY0PQ]
 Thomas A. Hackett
 Attorney
 nwlegacylaw.com<http://nwlegacylaw.com> | 360-975-7770