[WSBAPT] ITIN for PR who is a foreigner

Neli Espe, J.D. - Olympic Legal neli at olympiclegal.com
Tue Sep 7 21:33:02 PDT 2021

Dear List-Mates,

In his Will, a Washington resident/US citizen named a Spanish national as his PR. Probate is now opened and Spanish national is appointed as PR and as successor trustee for the decedent’s 401(k) solo plan.

We have started dealing with the bank where the 401(k) account is and it requires an ITIN. Estate account is next on the list.

This is new territory for me. In reviewing all the requirements/exceptions for the W-7, I don’t seem to find an appropriate basis to apply for ITIN. I realize that this is not a common scenario, but would you have any pointers?

Thanks,

Neli

   Neli Espe, J.D., Olympic Legal
                360.630.3635