[WSBAPT] multiple recording fees for PR deed

Jennifer L White jen at appletreelaw.com
Mon Oct 25 16:05:27 PDT 2021

I had a similar experience in Yakima recording an easement that had a provision on maintenance, so I titled the document “Easement and Maintenance Agreement.” I had taken it in person to record. The clerk at the counter said it was 2x the fee because it said easement and maintenance agreement. So, I took a pen out of my purse and crossed off the word maintenance in the title and handed it back. She gave me a snarly face, but only charged one fee.

Jennifer L. White, Esq.
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7C9BA.0CA74DB0]

jen at appletreelaw.com<mailto:jen at appletreelaw.com>
PO Box 11037