[WSBAPT] Will with handwritten list pursuant to RCW 11.12.260

Sarah McCarthy sarah at kawlawyers.com
Fri Oct 22 10:26:13 PDT 2021

I agree with Diane - I've read that statute as saying that the list, if
properly signed, and if referenced in the Will, is incorporated by
reference and is a part of the Will. I always file those valid lists along
with the original Will. If the list in this case is valid it should be
filed with the court, and a copy should be provided to all heirs, devisees,
etc. If there is a question about whether the list wasn't valid (i.e., not
signed), then there could always be in camera review...

I expect a judge/commissioner would sign your order to disclose it.

*Sarah O’Farrell McCarthy*

*(Pronouns: she / her)*Attorney | Kelly, Arndt & Walker, Attorneys at Law,
PLLP
P.O. Box 290 | 6443 Harding Avenue | Clinton, WA  98236

(Located on Whidbey Island, Island County, Washington)
Phone: (360) 341-1515 | Fax: (360) 341-3272
sarah at kawlawyers.com | www.kawlawyers.com

This electronic message transmission contains information from the law firm
of Kelly, Arndt & Walker, PLLP which may be confidential or privileged.
This information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
named above,  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
further review, disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or use of the
contents of this transmission is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic message transmission in error, please notify us immediately by
reply e-mail and delete the original message.  Thank you.

We do not accept service of any kind by e-mail unless expressly authorized
in writing by the attorney of record.  This e-mail is NOT a contract and is
not binding upon the author pursuant to CR 2A. This e-mail is, at most, a
negotiation under ER 408.