[WSBAPT] Roth IRA beneficiary designations

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Tue Nov 30 11:56:37 PST 2021

In my opinion, and this area is one of my favorites, there absolutely is a down side.  When naming the estate, it likely becomes subject to potential creditor's claims.  Not naming the estate is so easy, even if you want it to go to a trust within the Will, naming the Trustee of said trust is better; if there are minor beneficiaries, naming a custodian is easy, etc.

If you want to chat about it - let me know.

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden
717 W. Sprague Ave.