[WSBAPT] Bank refusal to accept POA

Joshua McKarcher josh at mckarcherlaw.com
Wed Nov 17 18:29:37 PST 2021

Well, kudos to Jim Brown of Aberdeen and to you, Chris, for sharing this inexpensive pre-litigation option that indeed “should” in a rational world make its way promptly to “legal” and get results.

I will say I never have these problems with accounts titled to trust and (later) straightforward co-trustee appointments. Works like a charm even with the biggies. I think banks just “get it” with trusts without feeling like they must scrutinize the document as though the agent-presenter of a POA is deemed to be a criminal until proven otherwise. Perhaps a slight exaggeration, but maybe not from all the posts on this topic.

Onward and upward fellow estate planners!

Joshua D. McKarcher
McKarcher Law PLLC
537 6th Street
Clarkston, WA 99403