[WSBAPT] Bank refusal to accept POA

Joshua McKarcher josh at mckarcherlaw.com
Wed Nov 17 10:05:43 PST 2021

I am fortunate never to have to have done it before, but unless you have a personal relationship with someone at the bank, and that person can help immediately, I have decided I am on the side of those on this listserv that say they generally don’t waste their client’s money writing letters and making phone calls, and going in several circles, but instead they draft the simplest possible complaint and file it in an appropriate court and serve it on the bank. Request fees and costs as permitted, and away you go!

Probably about the same hourly fee commitment and almost certain to get “instant” results. Only the complaint is “guaranteed” to make it to a lawyer who will figure it out and concede. So long as you are 100% sure you are correct.

Heck, our section perhaps ought just come up with a proper model complaint that recites the law and basic attempts and refusal to accept. I am guessing I’ll have to file one eventually, and if I ever do I’ll circulate my template.

Best, Josh

Joshua D. McKarcher
McKarcher Law PLLC
537 6th Street