[WSBAPT] Need SGAL fluent in Guatemalan and English languages

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Fri Nov 5 15:58:36 PDT 2021

  Law Office of
F.ANDREKITA SILVA

                                                  November 5, 2021

Dalynne,

I am bilingual. I speak Spanish fluently.

There are indigenous populations in both Mexico and Guatemala (and I
assume all countries south of Mexico down to South America) that speak
an indigenous language.

However, Spanish of Guatemala is just like Spanish of Mexico (maybe a
different accent and some different phrases).
These indigenous languages do not sound like spanish AT ALL - not even
a little bit. Usually indigenous populations that still speak their
native language have a modest understanding of Spanish, especially the
younger population that has more access to TV and internet.

You’ll need to find out what language specifically this person speaks.
If they are truly monolingual in an indigenous language, an
interpreter may be needed. If no professional interpreter can be
found, perhaps a family or friend from the person’s home country can
be used.

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2000
Seattle, Washington 98101
206-224-8288
www.seattle-silvalaw.com

Links:
------
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guatemala
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guatemalan_Spanish
[4] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayan_languages
[5] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amerindian
[6] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xincan_languages
[7] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garifuna_language
[8] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arawakan
[9] http://www.glglawgroup.com/
[10]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.superlawyers.com_redir-3Fr-3Dhttp-3A__www.superlawyers.com_washington_lawyer_Gary-2DManca_ca059d21-2D1b6e-2D4fca-2Db396-2D80c253f82402.html-26c-3Demail-5FSmall-5Fbadge-26i-3Dca059d21-2D1b6e-2D4fca-2Db396-2D80c253f82402&d=DwMGaQ&c=4VfW4Y7UDKzr0jHM1Tk29w&r=wJy-5dBh2e8cdp8KTDyWsjq7WPfG_HRNpImWO5yfs2A&m=FCmO2jSMMhwxfYb-8WN5A3L-M6GKeJ_8gc6cS3vECHM&s=z2j9M4GPJAL7pempIOe0TGAPkMWrzXJSlY1lyMRDlRg&e=