[WSBAPT] Payment of Expenses to Non-Executor

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Fri Nov 5 11:58:04 PDT 2021

Hi Brent,

Did you check the Will to see if there is any language, our forms have some standard language that leave such a payment up to the discretion of the PR – we also have a general, the PR can take all actions to administer the estate whether necessary or not to protect a claim that some work was done that was not necessary if no language, I would be  hesitant (but not necessary preclusive) to reimburse those type fees.  For my family, I would be happy to have one of my parents estate pay such fees – but in some of the families I represent one child would scream “foul” and probably get attorneys involved over such a payment.

All the best and Happy Friday!

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden