[WSBAPT] Attorney won't give up original will

Bruce Moen brm at moenlaw.com
Tue Nov 2 17:45:30 PDT 2021

Hi Kristina,

Since the beneficiaries are the same with or without the Will, then no real problem.

I suggest starting an intestate administration and attach a copy of the Will and the correspondence to Oregon counsel as exhibits to the Petition.  Recite in the Petition that you contacted the lawyer, sought the Will and did not receive. Advise in the Petition that you will offer the original Will into probate if and when it is received. Until then, you are proceeding as intestate.

Have the heirs sign a consent, if possible, as to the appointment of the nominated PR.

  -Bruce Moen