[WSBAPT] Transfer on Death Deed results in uninsured real property

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon May 10 09:21:11 PDT 2021

Again, there isn't a PR automatically at death, but rather the real property immediately vests in heirs, only subject to divestment by any later-appointed PR. So for this insurance issue, I don't know that the "Estate" would be considered a policy holder either.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.