[WSBAPT] Death Certificate Submission via Ex Parte (King County)

Amber K. Quintal aquintal at omwlaw.com
Mon Mar 29 15:48:24 PDT 2021

On the last KCBA Elder law lunchtime Q&A with Commissioner Hillman, Nadia mentioned that the Ex Parte caseload is so heavy in Kent they are using overflow judges to review EP via the Clerk filings and to keep in mind that those judges may be more “by the book” sticklers and may reject filings for reasons that the Commissioners usually would not. Not sure if this is the reason your filing got rejected, but an interesting tip. Someone on the call asked what to do if a death certificate isn’t available, and Commissioner Hillman said he would probably accept an obituary or a declaration from a family member, but that may depend on who reviews the filing.

Amber K. Quintal  |  Member

Ogden Murphy Wallace P.L.L.C.
901 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3500 Seattle, WA 98164
Office Direct: 206.447.3399 | Main Office: 206.447.7000
Fax 206.926.2879
aquintal at omwlaw.com<mailto:aquintal at omwlaw.com> | www.omwlaw.com<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.omwlaw.com%2f&c=E,1,82dQu0w4agOvEyJADz3Puo-CD41pDMB6AQ3nsF3EDG27wkB9L79JPo43OjdSVF8ggWxF7UT23VjFJ-ezor9QOngHEqAkoVbDyNqT1Y72IRyS2YdbpG9Eie1S&typo=1>

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION - This communication constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended by the sender.  It may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, and/or confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of any of the contents is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original transmission and all copies.