[WSBAPT] Form 8822 and Form 56

Nicholas Pleasants nick at pleasantslaw.com
Tue Mar 16 18:04:26 PDT 2021

We’ve received lots of rejections of Form 56 over the years. My understanding is that the decedent’s information at the top of Form 56 needs to exactly match what was listed on the decedent’s previous tax return. This usually happens when the decedent had a PO Box or mailing address different from the residence, and we filled in Form 56 with the decedent’s residence. I usually resubmit once we can locate the most recent tax return and copy the address from the 1040 onto the Form 56. Then it goes through. I have never submitted a Form 8822.

CIRCULAR 230 disclosure: this isn’t tax advice.

Best,
Nick

Nicholas Pleasants
Owner

[(Logo) Pleasants Law Firm]<http://www.pleasantslaw.com/>

Pleasants Law Firm, P.S.
2300 130th Ave NE, Suite A-101
Bellevue, WA 98005-1755
(425) 615-7070 tel/fax
nick at pleasantslaw.com<mailto:nick at pleasantslaw.com>
www.pleasantslaw.com<http://www.pleasantslaw.com>
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and is confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your electronic files.