[WSBAPT] Duty to notify contingent beneficiaries?

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Fri Mar 12 12:52:45 PST 2021

I don’t think there is any duty to search for independent indications of someone’s death. Most of the time the PR is in touch with everybody so it’s not an issue, I think. I suppose on the rare occasion the PR might find out only by having the mailed distribution check returned. But 99% of the time I think the PR has some contact with heirs prior to distribution, and will find out if someone passed away.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.