[WSBAPT] Will Filing

Amy Goertz amyjgoertz at icloud.com
Fri Mar 12 08:30:27 PST 2021

Good morning -

I have a probate started in Spokane County in January as an intestate estate.

Surviving spouse (husband as of 2019) was appointed PR.

Now, the decedent’s father just found her original Will from 1998.

I am not sure what to do with the Will - here are my issues.

	1. The Will has the decedent’s social security number in it.

	2. The Will names her father as the PR.

	3. There are provisions that do not apply now due to the omitted spouse statute and other issues, such as:
			a. A superwill-type provision that says joint tenancy accounts are to be part of estate (first, the joint accounts are community and second, the joint accounts were opened after the Will (11.11.020(4); and
			b. Money for kids to be held in Trust until age 30 (kids are over 30);

What are your thoughts?

Amy J. Goertz, J.D.
Goertz & Lambrecht PLLC
amyjgoertz at icloud.com <mailto:amyjgoertz at icloud.com>