[WSBAPT] missing person

Shannon Jones shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com
Wed Mar 10 15:50:00 PST 2021

Has anyone had experience requesting the Pierce County Coroner issue a death certificate for a missing person prior to the presumptive 7 year period and without filing court action? I succeeded once with a coroner in Easter WA where circumstantial evidence of death was strong, though no body was recovered. The missing person has two minor children who need access to his death benefits and estate, and we appear to have strong evidence of death but no body has been recovered and we are only 3 years into the 7 years - Shannon

[cid:image001.png at 01D715C5.06A58390]
Shannon R. Jones | Attorney
Campbell Barnett PLLC
P: 253.848.3513| F: 253.845.4941
317 South Meridian
Puyallup, WA 98371
shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com<mailto:shannonj at campbellbarnettlaw.com>
campbellbarnettlaw.com<https://campbellbarnettlaw.com/>

This transmission contains confidential attorney-client communications and may not be disclosed to any person but the intended recipient(s).  If this matter is transmitted to you in error, please delete and notify the sender immediately.