[WSBAPT] TOD Deed: Grantee perfecting title post-death of Grantor

Doug Schafer schafer at pobox.com
Wed Jun 16 12:14:44 PDT 2021

Q. Is it standard practice (in King County) for a surviving grantee of a
TOD deed to record the death certificate (with SS# redacted) along with a
cover sheet stating the recording number of the TOD deed?  I know that a
REET affidavit is also required, with grantee signing "on behalf of" the
grantor.

I observe that the $100 surcharge added by our 2021 legislature to document
recording fees (starting July 25) does not apply to death certificates,
that will remain at $39 plus $1 per added page.
http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Bills/Session%20Laws/House/1277-S2.SL.pdf
(Sec. 1(2))
https://kingcounty.gov/depts/records-licensing/recorders-office/recording-documents.aspx

Doug Schafer, in Tacoma