[WSBAPT] Disabled adult children of deceased

michael westseattleattorney.com michael at westseattleattorney.com
Sat Jul 31 13:47:58 PDT 2021

Thx

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 31, 2021, at 1:45 PM, deborah at neillaw.com wrote:

 I don’t know your client’s situation, but I am not sure why you would entirely exclude the adult children with disabilities because they get state assistance.  If the money were given to them in trust (and there are pooled trusts with minimal fees), they would retain their benefits and have a cushion for some extra things. Even better, the parent could set up an ABLE account now and start putting money into it.

Deborah Jameson
Neil & Neil, P.S.
5302 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA  98408
253-475-8600
253-473-5746 FAX

If your matter is urgent, please call my office.  Also, this message is not encrypted and it may not be secure or protected by attorney-client privilege.