[WSBAPT] Medicare Trust

Heather de Vrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Wed Jul 28 09:05:59 PDT 2021

If she has several properties with significant gain, why would she opt for Medicaid care instead of private pay. Is there something (or someone) that her assets need to be preserved for? Is she going to have a large enough estate that estate taxes would be due? I believe people have unreasonable fears over needing to “protect their assets” that once teased out either fit into certain exemptions (disabled child or spouse they feel responsible for) or are resolved by explaining the rules about private pay vs. Medicare vs Medicaid.

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7838F.BF644320]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

For the months of July and August 2021, our firm will be open Monday through Thursday 8:30am to 5pm. We will be closed Fridays.

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.