[WSBAPT] Intestate succession or escheat?

Jayne Gilbert jgilbertatty at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 21:20:58 PDT 2021

It looks like Ray can be distinguished from this case/
fact pattern, because you're dealing with a divorcee
and a stepchild.

As opposed to the first spouse being married to the
decedent at Spouse #1's time of death.

I think Smith's Estate would control-unless it's been
overturned. Older statute, but same fact pattern.