[WSBAPT] community property agreements

Sara LC Hulford sara at elderlaw-nw.com
Fri Jul 16 15:50:02 PDT 2021

Robert:

You are not alone… we are equally frustrated with the inconsistencies between county recording requirements. A couple months ago, the treasurer/auditor clerks became rather hostile with us when we indicated other counties correctly allowed us to record a REETA with Aff ISO CPA and death certificate. They eventually allowed the transfer to surviving spouse using the affidavit so long as we did NOT use a REETA.

I haven’t had them refuse a subsequent deed yet… It might be worth calling the DOR office directly that deals with REETAs, they are quite knowledgeable and may intervene on your behalf.  DOR: 360-534-1503            Good luck!

[Email Signature Image]
Sara LC Hulford
Attorney at Law

[Email-Logo]

T: 360 647-8846 | F: 360 647-8854
www.elderlaw-nw.com<http://www.elderlaw-nw.com/> | info at elderlaw-nw.com<mailto:info at elderlaw-nw.com>

CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION This communication may contain information that is confidential and/or protected by attorney-client privilege. It was intended only for the named recipient.  If you have received this communication in error please delete immediately and contact the sender to advise them of improper delivery. TAX ADVICE DISCLOSURE To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS under Circular 230, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments), unless otherwise specifically stated, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (1) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any matters addressed herein. SERVICE We do not accept service of any kind by e-mail unless expressly authorized in writing by the attorney of record.  Acceptance of service of process by e-mail for one pleading does not authorize service of process by e-mail of any other pleading.  Each must be authorized separately.