[WSBAPT] Seeking stories and input on Washington Estate Tax law and HB 1465

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Thu Jul 15 16:35:29 PDT 2021

Phil, you are a brave soul to jump into this one with both feet.

Easy for me to say, because I agree with you. Only 20 years as a lawyer, but same experience—with one almost-exception I vaguely remember when I was a paralegal in the 90s, when the estate tax threshold was $1 million and the family’s business was worth quite a bit more than that but didn’t have the cash available to pay. But if I remember correctly, they paid instead under a multiyear installment plan that I think was built into the tax regs as an option. And that was within their cash flow, so there was no jeopardy of actually going out of business.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.