[WSBAPT] Logistics Question - Cleaning up Property Ownership Records

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Fri Jul 9 10:39:20 PDT 2021

Greetings List -

I have a client who is a 3-way owner of real property that has a JT w/ ROS
agreement filed/recorded in 2006.  One of the owners died in 2014. Nothing
was done.  What is the process for officially updating the records to show
that one of these parties has died and that the two remaining are 50/50
owners?

I ask because one of the 50/50 is about to pass after a battle with cancer
- and they are wanting to make sure that the final owner will stand as the
100% owner without big issue.

Can I simply record a redacted (no SSN) death certificate through
Simpli-file? Do I need a REETA?

There is no need at this point (no sale or refinance) other than to ensure
that we have a clean and clear title ownership.

Have never been on this transaction before. Appreciate the assist.

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (preferred pronoun: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /