[WSBAPT] Guardian and Standby Guardian both passed away

steve mcconnell smcconnelllaw at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 7 12:08:07 PDT 2021

I have a situation where a Guardian (the mother of her severely disabled adult son) passed away. As I was in the process of having the Standby Guardian (the sister of the severely disabled adult) appointed as Guardian, I learned that she is likely to pass away in the very near future. Thus, I have neither a Guardian nor Standby Guardian. I am about to move forward to have another sibling appointed as Guardian and will need to find someone else to serve as Standby Guardian (there are no further family members available) but I have never faced this circumstance before. Any advice as to the process to be followed?

Thank you in advance.

Steven M. McConnell
Attorney at Law
144 Railroad Ave., Suite 308