[WSBAPT] refinance versus successor in interest

Kerry Richards krichards at lawgate.net
Tue Jul 6 12:15:08 PDT 2021

Dear Harkiran:
In my humble opinion, this is a matter of economics. There is no cost to continuing to make payments, however the rates may be higher if they the financing came from several years ago. Rates are fairly favorable at this time. Remember, however, that if your client refinances, they may obtain a new and better rate, however the length of the mortgage (10, or 15 or 20 years) will begin  anew, which may be more interest over time being paid. Finally, there is a cost to refinancing, so depending upon the amount being financed it could run several thousands of dollars. Your client receives the lesser rate, but it costs a certain amount to refinance. That is how I would suggest they approach it.
Yours truly,

Kerry A. Richards, Attorney
[cid:image001.png at 01D31B65.31A26710]
The Law Offices of Michael W. Bugni & Associates, PLLC
11300 Roosevelt Way NE, Suite 300, Seattle, WA 98125
EMAIL: krichards at lawgate.net
TEL: 206-365-5500