[WSBAPT] Application of RCW 11.12.095 (Omitted Spouse) to a RLT

Jennifer L White jen at appletreelaw.com
Fri Jul 2 10:04:33 PDT 2021

It’s interesting, Karen, that you bring up 11.54.
The homestead exemption just got changed this legislative session with an emergency provision making it effective as soon as Gov Inslee signed it (I believe May 12, 2021 or thereabouts). All of the press has been about BKR filings, but I think it is going to be interesting to see how this change (increase in most counties) plays out in 11.54 filings because those tag back to 6.13.030. King Co, for example, is up to $729,600.

If anyone wants that current UW chart on the amounts per county, email me off list and I will send you a copy (I haven’t had any success trying to send an attachment through the Listserv).

Jacob, that may be your best route to get the kid $$$ if you can’t get rid of the trust.

Jennifer L. White, Esq.
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D76F28.C30E7AC0]

jen at appletreelaw.com<mailto:jen at appletreelaw.com>
PO Box 11037