[WSBAPT] Ancillary probate necessary to get real property to out-of-state deceased beneficiary's heirs?

Colleen LaMotte colleen at lamottelaw.com
Tue Jan 19 14:04:57 PST 2021

Hello Probate People,

Deceased Beneficiary (DB) of a WA probate died intestate in OH before signing QCD and REETA for her share of only asset in the probate.  DB has two heirs in MN.  DB's share of WA asset was less than $10k.  I am thinking we need an ancillary probate in OH to get the property to the two heirs in MN, but I am hoping I am overthinking this and the transfer can be to the two MN beneficiaries as part of the WA probate.  Thoughts?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best,

Colleen M. LaMotte
Pronouns: she/her/hers
LAMOTTE LAW PLLC
Principal Attorney
Estate Planning | Probate | Guardianship | Trust and Estate Litigation
P: 425.610.9704
E:  colleen at lamottelaw.com