[WSBAPT] Refusal of Consent for Care - Ventilator

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Thu Jan 14 16:28:50 PST 2021

Colleagues:

A client has requested if there is a method by which they can proactively
refuse consent to be intubated/placed on a ventilator, specifically in the
case of covid. This seems to be a step preliminary to your typical advance
directive, but I could always just add a provision directing that the
principal does expressly refuse to consent to be intubated or otherwise
placed on a ventilator. Before I do that, however, I am wondering if this
rings any bells for other attorneys/if you have dealt with this issue and
have any words of wisdom before I steam ahead with my presumed course of
action. Any thoughts?

Thank you much!

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
800 Polk Street, Suite B
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that
you have received this communication in error, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,
please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in
error, and destroy the copy you received.***