[WSBAPT] Clerk Lost the Will

Mark Reinhardt MReinhardt at rehberglaw.com
Fri Feb 26 08:33:11 PST 2021

Dear Listmates:

One of my colleagues has a situation with the King County Clerk's Office:

Two wills were provided to the King County Clerk's Office through legal messenger service.  Firm received a phone call from member of Clerk's Office that Wills were received but lost and requested Firm send in copies.  Copies were sent and the Firm received a call from Clerk's Office asking about the originals.  Firm informed Clerk's Office that they misplaced them and it should not be the fault of the firm or the client that an Original is not available to be filed.  Firm suggested that copies be considered originals as the misplacement was not the fault of Firm or client and they client should not have consequences for actions not theirs.  Clerk's' Office spoke with supervisor and informed Firm that Firm would need to obtain Court Order to get the copies certified as original and there was nothing else to be done.

Has anyone faced this issue?

Important Dates and Office Closure Information
Monday, February 15 - Presidents' Day

Due to The World Health Organization declaring COVID-19 a global pandemic and our local governments enacting stricter measures, Rehberg Law Group has put in place an interim Work Remotely policy for our attorneys and staff.  The office will remain open during regular business hours; however, there will be limited staff in the office during this time.  We sincerely appreciate your patience as we all navigate through this unprecedented situation together.

***When responding to this email, please reply all***

Kind regards,
Mark A. Reinhardt
Attorney
Rehberg Law Group, PLLC
Ryan Y Rehberg, Partner | Mark A. Reinhardt, Partner | James A. Davies, Partner | J. Sabrina Go, Partner |
Grayson E. Chester | Waylon L. Poland

Assistant - Nancy DeOrnellis | ndeornellis at rehberglaw.com<mailto:ndeornellis at rehberglaw.com>
SeaTac - (mailing address) 18000 International Blvd, Suite 550, SeaTac, WA 98188
Bellevue - 1400 112th Ave SE, Suite 100, Bellevue, WA 98004
Phone - 206.246.8772 ext. 333 | Toll Free 877.246.8772 | Fax 206.454.7910
Email - mreinhardt at rehberglaw.com<mailto:mreinhardt at rehberglaw.com>
Connect - rehberglaw.com<file:///\\rlg-server02\data\Employee%20Folders\andie\ALS\Email%20Signatures\rehberglaw.com> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/RehbergLawGroupPLLC/> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/rehberg-law-group-pllc/> | Join the Rehberg Law Group Newsletter<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=ay8zc9bab&p=oi&m=1101460729600&sit=dzioz88bb&f=46130d29-cd26-4d90-89ea-1b62cacb4ca4>

estate planning | LLC formation | asset protection | probate and estate administration | trust administration

Confidentiality Notice:  Please note that attorney-client communications are privileged and confidential. This email and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the email message and any attachments or copies and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return email. Thank you for your cooperation.