[WSBAPT] Control of a body

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Fri Feb 12 15:50:55 PST 2021

See RCW 65.80.160(5)<https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=68.50.160>. Maybe can convince the funeral home to proceed on parent’s authorization since the spouse is not cooperating. I don’t think this is really a court thing, at least at this point. Loop the funeral home into all attempts to communicate with the spouse so that everyone understands that spouse is truly not cooperating and this isn’t a dodge by the parent to avoid having the spouse make the decision. See .170 for level of liability risk for the parent.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.