[WSBAPT] Control of a body

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Fri Feb 12 15:22:16 PST 2021

Greetings list -

Client had a child pass away. Unbeknownst to the client, the child was
married.  Client signed authorization releasing body to a funeral home.
Discovered child was married - funeral home (rightly) had held cremation
until surviving spouse signs authorization.  Surviving spouse originally
had connect with my client saying they would sign....then ghosted. It's
been 6 days.  Funeral home is charging my client "storage" fees.

Is there any petition or anything where I can get a court order to permit
my client the authority to dispose of the body?

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (preferred pronoun: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*New Address & Phones Effective December 1, 2020:** 500 S 336th Street,
Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /